Employment Accommodation Services
The Employment Accommodation Service, is a multi-disciplinary support team that is available to assist in the hiring, retraining, retention or advancement of persons with disabilities.
- Consultation Services
- Work site Assessment
- Equipment resources and co-ordination of equipment purchase and referrals
- Reports documenting barriers to employment and recommendations for accommodation
- Equipment Set-up and Staff training
- Coordination with other services
- Equipment trials and client compatibility testing
- Information resources for adaptive technology
- Website accessibility reviews and training
- Equipment testing and evaluation
The Employment Accommodation Service utilizes the expertise of individuals with a multi-disciplinary background. Team members include: Occupational Therapists, Vision Technology Specialists (authorizers of High Technology Vision Aids for the Assistive Devices Program, Ontario Ministry of Health), Computer programmers and Technicians with a specialty in developing and modifying products to enable individuals with disabilities to access technology.
Types of Technology
- Closed Circuit Televisions (CCTVs)
- Screen Magnification Software
- Screen Reading Software
- Alternative Keyboards and Mouse Systems
- Voice Recognition software
- Ergonomic workstation set-up
- Refreshable Braille displays and Embossers
More information on people with disabilities in the workplace can be found on our Accommodating Employees with Disabilities page.
Assessment fees are charged at $125.00 + HST per hour for on and off site assessment, research, reporting and travel.
Employees or employers may request our services. Contact us for a referral form.
The Employment Accommodation Service
Inclusive Design Research Centre
205 Richmond Street W., 2nd floor
Tel: (416) 977 - 6000 ext. 3967
Fax: (416) 977 - 9844